Integrated reporting and Spatial Decision Support System (SDSS) web server that enables citizens to report occurrences in the public space and provides methods for decision makers to classify those occurrences for planning subsequent action, using GoogleMaps, social networks, and Operations Research methodologies, such as multicriteria analysis (multiattribute/multiobjective). The system is versatile and can be retrofit for different contexts and/or purposes (e.g., private company reporting & acting, utilities management, networks maintenance, inclusion of specific models/algorithms, etc.).
1. Citizens report occurrences via web browser or mobile devices.
2. Reports are georreferenced and fit into categories/subcategories.
3. Occurrences are broadcast and followed via social networks.
4. Decision makers analyse/classify occurrences with the integrated multi-criteria decision support methods base.
SperoBox combines state-of-the-art technologies with cutting-edge methodologies:
1. GoogleMaps spatial representation (pre-programmed for other spatial representation systems)
2. Hierarchical occurrence categories & subcategories database with respective attributes
3. Users database with group privilegies (report, DSS usage, administration…)
4. Link to Facebook allows following occourrences and users
5. Number of Followers may be used as a criteria proxy (~social importance…)
6. An interactive multicriteria decision support methods base
7. Analysis may be performed at the level of a category, or sub(sub)category…
8. Results in a sorted list of occurrences and on the map with color-coded pins.
9. New features and improvements will be available in the near future.
Customizations for infrastructure management in particular areas such as roads, water supply networks, buildings, public lighting, etc. are under construction.
SperoBox app is available for Android™ and iOS™ Apple™ (iPad, iPhone, iPod) devices.
The power of SperoBox is available at:
Other innovative projects in urban and land-use management, energy and sustainability, urban regeneration, infrastructure management, transportation planning, urban emergency and evacuation planning, can be seen at: